FAQs - Williams & Yoho
151 College Dr Suite 5 Orange Park, FL 32065


Frequently Asked Questions

Your case matters, and we know that these situations often come with a lot of stress. If you have the courage to pursue a personal injury case, we’re here to empower the process. Start here for quick answers to common questions:

  • How long will it take to settle my personal injury case?
    + -

    Every case is different, and that’s why we offer a tailor-made experience for every client. Some fast cases are finalized in as little as two months, but a complex personal injury lawsuit can take years. On average, most of our cases last five to eight months.

  • How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
    + -

    As personal injury attorneys, we don’t charge up front, and you will never pay anything unless we win. The cost of our services will be deducted from the final settlement. Tanner and Tyler believe in total transparency, so we’ll confirm the fee arrangement with a written contract at the beginning of the process.

  • Is it best to settle my personal injury case out of court?
    + -

    Honestly, it depends. We’ll never push you to make a decision that isn’t in your best interest. Unlike big firms, we don’t have case quotas or profit-driven pressure to settle cases as fast as possible. At Williams & Yoho, your personal injury lawyer will prepare the case as if it will go to trial, which puts us in the strongest position to settle for the full value.

  • Who will be assigned to my case?
    + -

    Your case will be managed by a personal injury lawyer every step of the way –either Tanner Williams or Tyler Yoho. Experience a different level of attention and service by working directly with an attorney that you know and trust. Our singular focus is the key to your success.

  • What communities do you serve?
    + -

    Our personal injury law firm is based in Orange Park, Florida, and we are proud to serve local residents across Clay County, including Fleming Island, Middleburg, Lake Asbury, Green Cove Springs, Oakleaf Plantation, and Argyle Forest. Of course, as licensed attorneys accredited by the Florida Bar, we can provide representation and legal counsel for any civil litigation across the state of Florida.

  • How can I contact you?
    + -

    The best way to get in touch is by texting or calling our cell phones. Every client has 24/7 access to contact us directly, and we’ll get back to you the same business day. Call Tanner at (904) 800-4043 or Tyler at (904) 800-4042.

  • Should I talk to my insurance company after a car accident?
    + -

    Insurance companies can be very deceitful whenever they get a chance to talk to you after a car accident and the same goes for your own insurance company. It is ok to speak with your insurance company after a crash to report it. However, do not talk about the facts of the crash or the extent of your injuries to any insurance company, including your own. Insurance company employees are trained to gather the most information they can about your injuries to use for their own benefit—not for yours. If you experience injuries after a car crash it is important to first call 911 to seek immediate medical attention. Call experienced attorneys like Tanner & Tyler and let them handle the hassles of dealing with insurance companies for you.

  • Is it ok to move my car after a crash?
    + -

    The danger of a car crash does not end after the initial impact. If your vehicle is still able to move after a car accident you should try and get it out of the main flow of traffic as safely as possible. If it is safe to take pictures prior to moving your vehicle then you should do so. If your vehicle Is immobilized and you are in a heavy traffic area you should turn on your emergency blinkers and call 911 immediately and stay inside your vehicle until the police arrive. If it is possible to leave your vehicle you should get out and stand as far away as you can from traffic.

  • Who pays for my car to get fixed after a car accident?
    + -

    If the person who caused the car accident has collision coverage and they admit liability you should have your car fixed through their insurance. The fastest and easiest way to get your own vehicle fixed is through your own car insurance if you have comprehensive coverage, even if the crash is not your fault. Your car insurance will complete an investigation and go after the at fault driver’s insurance carrier to get their money back. There are some specific instances which it may actually be more beneficial to go through your own auto insurance even if there is property damage coverage on the at fault driver’s policy.

  • How do I get a rental car after a car accident?
    + -

    If you have rental coverage under your auto insurance, they will immediately get you into a rental. If your rental coverage expires prior to your car being repaired there is a possibility the rental vehicle will be paid for by the at fault’s auto insurance under the property damage liability portion of their auto policy.

How Can We Help?

Get in touch with Tanner and Tyler directly. At Williams & Yoho Law Firm, you will always talk with a licensed attorney and receive honest advice every step of the way.

Contact Us
Call Now Text Us